072 326 9304 [Business] and 082 378 3546 [Engela]
|Address:||PO Box 179, Darnell, 4480|
DRIFTWOOD ESTATES: ZINKWAZI BEACH SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
We specialize in providing self-catering, holiday accommodation. We offer a variety of properties from large to small, basic to up market, cheap to expensive, with views or without, on the beach or some distance away.
Driftwood Estates: www.driftwoodestates.co.za
Zinkwazi beach, the last undiscovered jewel of the North coast of KZN ….a subtropical lagoon and beach paradise of the fish eagle.
85km (40 Minuets drive) North of Durban lies Zinkwazi lagoon and beach conservancy, only 5- 6 hours from Gauteng, +/-30 minutes from King Chaka International Airport.
Zinkwazi is one of the rare, beautiful, un spoilt, idyllic, beaches left in Southern Africa. Close to Zululand’s wealth of splendid Game Reserves. A 7km lagoon situated among the lush palms of the Zinkwazi conservancy, 180 species of bird life and endless beaches. For those that love golf, there are several excellent golf courses in easy driving distance e.g. Darnell country club and Princes Grant. A place to rest in peace with fishing, nature walks and a safe protected main beach. The beach is wide and fairly level and one can walk for miles on end. The lagoon which runs on to the beach breaks its banks after heavy rains and joins the ocean.
- The village itself consist of around 450 properties, mostly holiday accommodation.
- The village sports a very active Ski-boat club with bar on the beach, a Fishing charter operation, a well stocked convenience store and Proud's pizza.
- Properties vary in size, price, location and taste.
- There are many Awesome Experiences... available in the area and a full info document is available.
- From the N3 take a scenic shortcut from Colenso or MooiRiver or Pietermaritzburg through Greytown and Stanger to meet the N2 going north from Durban. Head north on the N2.
- From the North you could also travel a very scenic route via Vryheid, Melmoth, Eshowe. Meet the N2 at Gingindlovu and head south. Alternatively follow the N2 south from Pongola and Jozini.
- If you're only interested in the fastest way to get here, keep going through Pietermaritzburg on the N3 and just past the Pavilion Shopping centre, take the N2 and head north.
- The N2 dual lane highway (between Durban and Mtunzini) enables easy access to Zinkwazi. Once on the N2 pass Stanger (or cross the Tugela from the north) and then you'll be looking for the ZINKWAZI exit. This is the 245 Crossing. Take the glide off, cross the flyover bridge (if you're coming from Durban) and +/- 4km along you're in Zinkwazi village.
My office is located at no 1 Glen drive: Enter village on Nkwazi drive, take the 1st right, Glen drive, Inside "Zinkwazi Junction", first building on your right, upstairs you will find DRIFTWOOD ESTATES!!